Kimber Pumneo

by Selena from Wooster

My mom is my hero because she helps me out with many things. When I am stuck on my homework, she is there. My mom makes sure we have presents for our birthdays, Christmas, and for Easter. My mom also likes to play with us. She tries very hard to keep us healthy. Sometimes we do funny dances in the kitchen together, and I really like that! Every night, my mom says prayers with us.

My mom was born in Rich Wood, West Virgina. She had two sisters named Anne and Paula and one brother named Sam. She goes to an online school instead of going to school. The reason why my mom stays home is so she can take care of her family. When my mom was 16, her family was split up into 4 different foster homes for 2 years. She only saw her siblings twice in that period. The school she goes to is Liberty University. I am so proud of my mom because she is the only one of the 4 kids to have graduated high school, and to go on to college! She received her bachelors degree in 2009 and is currently working on her masters in Human Services-Executive Leadership. She remarried to my adoptive dad, Adam, in 2007.

My mom always says the richest man in the world is really poor and has nothing if he does not have a loving family, and the poorest man is the richest even if that is all he has. Family is everything to my mom and I am very thankful for that.

Pumneo, Selena. Personal Interview.