Angels

My Great Grandma

by Daniella from Morinville

My hero is my great grandma. Her name is Judy. She is my hero because she suffered from cancer almost all her life and just last year she died from it. She tried to live so she could stay with her family, not because she wanted to live, but because every one else wanted her to live. She was the most caring person I ever knew. When a child was hurt my grandma would surely run up to that person and care for them. Just as she cared for me before she died. I wish she was still with me. She lived in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada with her daughter Maureen, son in-law and her grandson, Ben.

Whenever I went over to her house, no matter how tired or sick she was, she always had time for my sisters and me. I have three sisters and sometimes she would spin the rope for jump rope. She didn’t have enough energy to play games like dodge ball. But she still played other games. She always told me when I was little to keep on trying and be successful - and I think I will be, thanks to her.