Joe and Kelly

by Zach from Tipp City

My heroes are my parents. My mom grew up in Tipp City and went to Broadway Elementary School and Central Middle School. As a kid, she loved to ride bikes, swim, read books, and play sports. My mom graduated from Tippecanoe High School in 1988. She then graduated from Wright State University as a teacher in 1993. She has five siblings.

My dad also grew up in Tipp City and attended Broadway Elementary School and Central Middle School. As a kid, my dad liked to play sports with his brothers, swim, do yardwork, and go camping. He graduated from Tippecanoe High School in 1989. My dad then graduated from the University of Dayton in 1993 with a degree in accounting. He has two siblings. One of them is an identical twin brother.

I learned many interesting facts about my parents. My mom's greatest accomplishments are meeting my dad after college, getting married, and having three wonderful children named Zach, Alex, and Madison. My dad's greatest accomplishments are graduating from college, getting married, and having the same wonderful three children as my mom. My mom worked at Vandalia Butler Schools as a teacher for eight years before she decided to stay home to be a mom. My dad works at Tip Top Canning Company as the General Manager. Some highlights of my mom's life have been being salutatorian, being named teacher of the year for her school, being baptized at church, getting married, and having three kids. She chose these because they represent the things that are important to her. Whereas, some highlights of my dad's life are graduating from college, marrying my mom, and having three kids. He chose these because they make him feel independent and he feels like he's sending a part of himself on to someone else.

My mom currently likes to scrapbook, spend time with her family, walk, and read. Her favorite vacation spot is Disneyland, Florida. My mom's hero is her mom because she always put other people first. Whereas, my dad currently is the General Manager of Tip Top Canning. He likes to lift weights, watch football, and spend time with family. His favorite vacation spot is Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. My dad's hero is my mom.

My parents are my heroes because they have inspired me to work hard and never give up. They have encouraged me in everything I have done since I was born. When I am sick, they are there for me. When I'm down, they listen to me and try to cheer me up. They stand up for me when I need them to. They have also taught me to serve God in everything I do. They are wonderful role models for me. They are considerate, generous, and funny. They tend to my needs and make me feel special. I couldn't ask for better heroes. That is why my parents are my heroes.