Joannie Rochette

by Carla from Sultana

Joannie Rochette (image3.examiner.com)
Joannie Rochette (image3.examiner.com)

There is more than just figure skater in Joannie Rochette. She is a hero to me. I choose Joannie Rochette because she inspired me, that even though some emergency gets in your way, you have to keep on going. One of her obstacle was when her mother died two days before her short program at the Olympics. Even though it was hard for her to overcome that obstacle, she dedicated her performance to her mom, because she knew that that would help her feel better.

Joannie Rochette was born in Montréal, Quebec. Her birthday is on January 13, 1986. For her education she is studying natural and health science. She is considering studying business.

I found out that she went on and did the ice skating short program. I would not have been able to do that, but she inspired me by showing that you can overcome something that really bothers you. All you have to have is dedication to keep on going. My hero, Joannie Rochette, influenced me by showing her fans that she would keep on skating.

Joannie started to ice skate when she was only 22 months old. When she was 6 years old, serious figure skating training began. There are some things that she likes, for example: trampoline, ballet, yoga, inline skating, reading, dancing and music.

Joannie Rochette seems like a really nice person. She is athletic and she loves to figure skate. She cares a lot about her fans.

A hero to me is someone that helps me understand, to overcome obstacles.

HEROES ROCK!!!