jon montgomery

by Chris from Bradford

I'm confident that with hard work, accompanied by the support of my friends, family and sponsors, I can live my dream of attaining Olympic gold.

Can you imagine speeding down a track of ice head first on two small blades while millions of people are watching you? My hero is Jon Montgomery the gold medal champion in skeleton racing from Canada.

Jon Montgomery was born 1979, May 6 in Russell, Manitoba. He went to school at North Wood University. He has 2 older sisters and 2 nieces and nephews. In 2008/09 was Jon's 3 world cup championship.

Jon's influence was when he went to the track and saw someone go down and he immediately got hooked on the sport. That is what influenced my hero. The obstacle was when the luge racer was killed on the opening day of the Olympics, and that bothered Jon very much. He was scared to go down the track that the Georgian racer was killed on.

My hero's actions is going down a track of ice going 100 miles per hour. My hero's achievements are getting to the olympics. Another is winning the gold medal. my hero inspires me to have courage no matter how hard the task is!

My hero has courage because the sport that he has done takes a lot of courage to get down the track. Sportsmanship because he did not rub it in the other players' faces and teams. Jon is funny because he makes a lot of jokes and does funny stuff. That is my hero, Jon Montgomery.