John D. Rockefeller

by Israel from Westerville

(Drawn by Israel )
(Drawn by Israel )

John D Rockefeller was born on July 8th, 1839. Also, he was born in Richford, New York. His family moved to Cleveland, Ohio after several years when Cleveland was becoming a large city. John’s mother’s name was Eliza Davison. His father’s name was William Avery Rockefeller. John’s siblings names were Lucy, Mary Ann, William, Francis and Frank. John’s real name was John Davison Rockefeller. John dropped out of high school for 1 or 2 years. John went to Central High school. John excelled in math.

(Drawn by Israel)
(Drawn by Israel)

When John was 19 years old he started his first company. John’s company grossed (which is money earned before expenses) four hundred fifty thousand dollars in the first year of trading. John completed a six month course at Folsom Mercantile College in 3 months. John was the first billionaire ever. John was giving away money and caring for other people. John gave over $500,000,000 in his lifetime. Rockefeller went to Folsom’s Commercial College for 3 months. John dropped out of high school so other students could get a good education. John completed a six month course at Folsom’s Commercial College because he excelled in many things.

(Drawn by Israel)
(Drawn by Israel)

John had 4 daughters and one son. In 1864, Rockefeller married Laura Celestia “Cettie” Spelman. Rockefeller said about his wife “her judgment was always better than mine”. John’s first job was when he was 16 was a produce clerk. At the age of 19 John made his own company; there were 3 people in that company. When John showed how he was a genius for organization and method he created his companies.

(Drawn by Israel)
(Drawn by Israel)

John made his career happen when he graduated high school at the age of 16 and made his first company. By 1879 John was refining 90% of American oil. Rockefeller excelled in many things to create his companies. First major philanthropist in the U.S. John founded the standard oil company in the U.S. He donated 540 million dollars to charitable purposes.

In 1911 the U.S. Supreme Court called Standard Oil a monopoly. It was in World War 2. Standard oil trust received the stock of forty businesses and gave the various shareholders trust certificates.

(Drawn by Israel)
(Drawn by Israel)

John died from arteriosclerosis at the age of 97. Rockefeller had a poem about his life for some reason. John was the first American to be worth more than a billion dollars. John was an American industrialist who is a person who owns or oversees an industrial corporation. John was a philanthropist which is someone who helps mankind. John founded the Standard Oil company, the University of Chicago and the Rockefeller Foundation.

John D Rockefeller died on May 23rd, 1937 about 2 months shy of his 98th birthday. John died in Ormond Beach, Florida. His resting place was Lake View Cemetery, Cleveland, Ohio. John kept donating to reasonable charities because he cared about different people. John always shared his money with other businesses. John’s former competitors tried to ruin John’s businesses but they didn’t. John had 2 great ambitions; they were to live 100 years old and make $100,000 in his lifetime.