Jim Hill

by Brittany from Innisfil

Be strong and never give up.

My hero is my grandpa. His name is Jim Hill. He works as a military carrier. He is the person who orders things to fix cars and machinery. He is good at his job. Before he was a military carrier he was an electrician. He was an electrician for 7 years and in those 7 years he watched 2 guys that he worked with die.

My grandpa was born in Ireland, September 12th. He has two brothers and two sisters but one sister died. He came to Canada when he was 3, then went back to Ireland until he was five. He has played four sports: hockey, lacrosse, soccer, and soft ball. My grandpa has coached a ladies hockey and soft ball league. He also coached a little kids soft ball league - it was my brother's team.

He is kind, loving, caring, and strong for me and my family. He was in the military for 20 years and he had three daughters. Plus two of his own daughters at another house. He is a great role model for younger kids because he was active and he was not getting in to trouble like some kids are today.

My grandpa is my hero because he is always there for me. I think he is very helpful and responsible. He always helps me and my family... especially my mom and my dad, and my brother. He will always be my hero.

My grandpa is my hero and he has one too. His hero is Rod Gilbert because he played for his favorite team, New York Rangers. Rod played Junior hockey in Guelph. Rod always had time for children. So that's why Rod Gilbert is my grandpa's hero. Another reason why he likes Rod Gilbert is because he loves the sport hockey that he plays and it is the team that he likes and cheers for.