John

by Andrew

Me and Dad
Me and Dad

My dad has been considered a hero by many people. He has been Iraq since August 2009. You might think you see my dad shooting bad guys, but he's not. He is with the military police. He wants to stay at home with us today, tomorrow, and for eternity.

My hero is my dad John England. My dad was born to Bill and Stella England. My dad was born in Indianapolis, Indiana, where he has lived his entire life. My dad has always been a responsible and physically fit person. He had a paper route when he was 10. He played soccer for many years when he was young. My dad married my mother Amber and now there are three children, including me, in our family.

My dad is my hero because he fights for his country. He guards the doors to the guns, grenades, rockets, and other violent equipment. It takes a lot of training to keep away people from this equipment.

My dad is a family hero because he is part of my family, and he takes care of all of us including my mother, sister, and brother. He is a hero because he is strong, he can be both loving and strict. I chose my dad to be my hero because he is doing something very important for our country by serving in the army. I chose him because I love him and because he is my dad.

Now that you know about my father, you can see why I chose him as my hero. I hope my dad comes home safe and sound. I know my dad loved me from the time I was born until now, and into the future I know he will still love me. That is why John England, my dad, is my hero.

GoArmy.com - This tells about where my dad works.