Joanne Campbell

by Jesse from Bradford

''Always have manners and respect''

There are a lot of heroes in life - sports heroes, music heroes - but the most important heroes are someone that you love or you look up to and my hero is Joanne Campbell, my mom.

My hero is Joanne Campbell. She was born in Ottawa, Ontario. She lived with her mom Barb dad Dave her brother Steven and her sister Debbie. When her sister was 8 she died of cancer. They were like best friends. She went to school at Bells Corner Public School in Ottawa. Then she moved to Aurora and then went to Aurora High.

Her great Aunt Mil was one of her influences. She always told her how special she was and and what she could do or be. She was always proud of her; she was the glue of our family. Some obstacles that she had to go through were people teasing her sister because she was sick and then later raising two small children alone.

My my mom accomplished overcomeing losing her sister. Her sister meant a lot to her. They loved each other but they will always be there. Another achievement is raising two small children alone.

My hero is caring because she cares about kids and she has respect for kids with autism.

My hero influenced me by helping kids and caring for them. She is a great parent and teaches me good things for when I get older.