Itachi

by Samantha from Wheeling, West Virginia

My hero is my ferret, Itachi. One of the reasons is he is the most loving pet ever. He is in no way selfish at all. Also, he always listens to what I have to say. To you he may seem like just a ferret, but to me he is a hero in disguise.

Itachi is so loving. There are lots of times when he will come cuddle with me. When he is with me he gives me lots of little kisses on my cheek. If I'm upset he comforts me. No matter what he makes me feel better.

Selfishness is not a quality in him. There is not a single thing that is completely his. Everything he uses is also used by my ferret Callie. Even the first time they were with each other Itachi didn't mind her being in the cage that used to be all his. He will even bring some things that are his and Callie's to me.

Itachi listens to what I have to say when I have to say it. If I start talking to him, he'll listen no matter what he is doing at the time. If I am mad or upset about something I can always talk to him and know he's listening. If I'm really upset I don't go to him. He is the one who comes to me.

As you can see Itachi is super loving. If you say he is selfish, you will be lying. If you need anyone to talk to, he is a great listener. Those aren't the only nice qualities about him. There are way too many more to list though. Yes, he is a ferret, but that doesn't mean he can't be a hero.