Dominik Hasek

by Thomas from St. Albert, Alberta, Canada

My Hero
 (I drew it.)
(I drew it.)

My hero is Dominik Hasek. He’s a professional ice hockey goalie who plays in the NHL (National Hockey League). He was born on January 29, 1965 in the Czech Republic.

Dominik Hasek has played for four teams: the Chicago Blackhawks, Buffalo Sabres, Ottawa Senators and the Detroit Red Wings. He has two nicknames Dom and the Dominator. While with the Detroit Red Wings, Hasek was the first European starting goalie to win the Stanly Cup. He has been one of the league's most successful goalies in the league from the 1990s to the early 2000s. From 1993 to 2001 he won six Vezina Trophies. In 1998 he became the first goalie to win consecutive Hart Trophies.

Dominik Hasek is my hero because he inspires me to reach my goals. He also inspires me to be a better athlete and goalie. Also because he supports lots of charities.