Hannah

by Olivia from Morinville, Canada

My hero is my cousin Hannah. She is my hero because if I am ever sad she will come and make me feel better. She lives in Linden, Alberta, which is three hours away from Morinville. She is three weeks older than me. Whenever she and her family come down to visit we always make up new games like Dog Show, Fashionistas and many others.

When she came to visit at Christmas our whole family went sledding at Cardiff Hill. She is my best friend as well as being my cousin. We always stick together and our family calls us the VELCRO cousins because we stick together like Velcro. She has an older sister named Alex in grade six and a younger brother named Nathan in grade two.

My hero's hero is her dog Slipper. Slipper is her hero because if Hannah is at home Slipper will make her even more happy than what she was that day. Hannah got Slipper when she was 6 years old. Slipper was a little puppy and was 16 months old when Hannah's family got her from a local farm. Without my cousin I would not have as much fun in my life.