My Grandmother

by Megan from Wheeling

My hero is very caring. My hero will care for me all the time. My hero is reassuring. My hero reassures me when I am sad or have lost something. My hero is also very funny. My hero makes me laugh almost always. My hero is my grandmother.

My grandmother is very caring to everyone. One time she helped my cousin when he had a bloody nose. He fell outside in the backyard. She called him up and laid him on the couch and gave him a big tissue box. He was fine after a half an hour and was back down in the backyard and was playing in no time. He was very happy. That's only one time my grandmother was a hero.

My grandmother is also reassuring. One time my family was coming back to Wheeling from Washington D.C. and we had taken our hermit crabs with us. When we got home we decided to check on them to see if they had survived the cold weather. While I was unpacking my mom let them out to get some exercise. The minute she got them out they were fine but, when she got done putting our coats away she came back in and Herman (my hermit crab) was laying on the floor out of his shell not moving. While that happened I was up in my room getting ready for bed. My sister came up and told me about what had happened. I rushed downstairs and there he was, on the table laying there dead. As soon as I saw him I started to cry really hard. My mom said to go call my grandma and tell her about what happened. My grandmother said, "Don't worry we can always get a new one." and made me feel a lot better. Now I have a new hermit crab named Scout. I will never forget what my grandmother said and how happy she made me.

My grandmother always makes me laugh. One time I was staying over at my grandmother's house. The bathroom stall has doors that have mirrors on them. The next morning she walked into the bathroom to make sure it wasn't a mess. My grandfather and I were in the kitchen at that time. Suddenly we heard this loud scream from the bathroom. My grandfather ran into the bathroom to see what was wrong. Then I came and saw what had happened. Before we got there she started laughing. when we got there she said she had seen her feet in the shower mirror and thought somebody was in the bathroom. We laughed for about five minutes. She is so funny!

My grandmother is so funny, reassuring, and caring when someone is sad. She can help anyone who needs help or just needs cheering up. She can make anyone laugh. I can not tell anyone how funny she is. That's why she is my hero.