Sam Gagner

by Jacob from St. Albert, Alberta, Canada

Sam Gagner (I drew it)
Sam Gagner (I drew it)

Sam Gagner is my hero. Sam was born in London, Ontario on August 10, 1998. Sam Gagner was a really great hockey player from minor hockey to the NHL. By the time he played in the midget leagues, Sam Gagner was an amazing player and got about 180 points on the Toronto Marlboros. Sam played in the USHL for the Sioux City musketeers and finished 2nd in points.

Gagner sort of committed to play hockey at division 1 for the University Wisconsin-Madison, but wanted to play closer to home and play for the junior majors in Canada. Gagner was so good that London took him in the first round in the 2004- 2005 draft.

He played for the London Knights for a couple of years. Sam’s dad played in the NHL so Sam wanted to be just like him. When Sam was 18 years old the Edmonton Oilers in the NHL drafted him, Sam signed a 3-year deal. Sam got about 48-49 points in 2007-2008 season with Edmonton.

Sam now lives in Edmonton with Andrew Cogliano, Tom Gilbert and Curtis Glencross. I think Sam is a really hard worker and had a dream and that was to make the NHL. Sam is a hero or a role model to lots of people like me. Sam has a desire to do something and he gives people confidence and sends a message, that if you work hard and don’t give up you can do anything you want to do.