Guillermo Ojeda Lajud

by Karla and Mayel from Xalapa

(Teacher Memo's Drawing)
(Teacher Memo's Drawing)

Teacher Guillermo, "Memo" as we call him, was born in Mexico City on May 15th. May 15th is Teacher's Day here in Mexico, so destiny would call him.

He is married to Sara, and they live with their daughter Monica.

He worked for 7 years as a manager in a hotel called Hotel Xalapa. One day a friend told him, "Memo, you should teach English," and so he did. He has been an English teacher for 17 years.

Three years ago, he founded an English school named Crafts, English Workshops & Certification.

He started a special group where people without enough economical resources come to Crafts to learn English without paying.

He is our hero because he is doing an incredible social work with this group. He says, "I'm only returning to our community a little of what I have received." This way he is helping poor people to find better jobs, improve their economical situation and have a richer, fuller life. If there were more people like him, this would be a better world.