George Clooney

by Savannah from Westerville

George Clooney (Drawn by Savannah)
George Clooney (Drawn by Savannah)

George Clooney was born May 6th, 1961. He was born in Lexington, Kentucky. His older sister, Adelia, was born there, too. Soon George and his family moved to Ohio.

Drawn by Savannah
Drawn by Savannah

George Clooney has a mom, dad, and a sister. His dad, Nick Clooney, was a former famous anchorman and an American Movie Classics host. His mom, Nina Clooney, was a former beauty pageant queen. Last but not least, his older sister, Adelia, was known for constantly teasing him.

Drawn by Savannah
Drawn by Savannah

George soon moved to Ohio for school. First, he went to St. Michael’s Elementary School in Columbus, Ohio. Then, George changed schools and went to St. Susanna Elementary School in Mason, Ohio. In middle school George had Bell’s palsy. This disability paralyzed his face. But, it was soon gone within a year.

Drawn by Savannah
Drawn by Savannah

After a while, George’s parents decided to move close to Lexington, Kentucky. George’s family moved a lot because Nick Clooney had to be at different stations. As soon as George’s family moved back George got to see his old friends again.

Drawn by Savannah
Drawn by Savannah

George went to two different colleges. Northern Kentucky University (from 1979-1981) and The University of Cincinnati. He never graduated form either. After college, George emitted that he spent more time on dates the studying. That is just plain funny.

George Clooney was married to Talia Balsam from 1989-1993. Soon they got divorced. They never had any kids. George vowed that he was never going to marry again. Now he is in a relationship with Elisabetta Canalis. She is British.

After college, George had very odd jobs. One was selling men’s suits. One was cutting tobacco in Austin, Kentucky. His aunt Rosemary Clooney (a famous performer) helped him along the way. When George first went to Hollywood and L.A. he had no money, at all. So, his aunt let him stay with her. She helped and encouraged him to be what he was meant to be, an Actor.

George wanted to be a Actor, like in movies. Soon after that, George was in a TV series called ’’E.R.”. He was on that show from 1994-1999. He got many jobs in small roles in TV. George became famous on TV.

George Clooney is a humanitarian. A humanitarian is somebody who helps people and other important things. He created a documentary called “Sand and Sorrow”. He also created a foundation also called “Sand and Sorrow”, which helps with natural disasters like Haiti and Japan. George is also a two time Golden Globe winner and an Academy Award winner. For his career, right now he is an actor, film director, producer, and a screenplay writer.

When George first became famous the Darfur conflict was occurring. The Darfur conflict made George think of what to do that could help. He and many ideas, he and his dad traveled to Darfur. They witnessed the tragedy of the civil war and genocide. Now, George is making a difference by talking to the president and to other celebrities together to help. He had raised the awareness to millions of people so they can help too.

Did you know that George Clooney had a pet pig? George had a pet pig that was given to him by a former girlfriend, Kelly Preston. It was a gift. His name was “Max, the Star” but they called him “Max”. “Max” died in January 2005. George said that every morning Max would squeal until he was fed.

George is still alive today. He is 50 years old. His birthday is May 6th, 1961. He has 4 jobs. He lives in Los Angeles, California. I think that George Clooney is a hero. He has helped millions of people and animals throughout the world. He has used his celebrity for good. When I grow up I want to be famous too. I hope to use myself to help others like George Clooney is able to help the world.