My Friends

by Ching Fen from PingTung, Taiwan

Kai-Hsin Hsuan, Yi-Ching Li, Yu-Hsuan Chung, Ying-Lung Lu and Yu-Han Cheng
Treasure--my heroes
Treasure--my heroes

The meaning of hero is person to person. Some might think the hero has to be very strong to struggle with bad guys. Others then think that he or she needs to have super power to save the earth. However, my heroes never have those special characteristics.

In my junior high school life, I had lived in a harsh time. During those days, I thought of myself as having a miserable existence. Every day when I went to sleep in the dark dark night, I wished I would never see the tomorrow’s cloudy sky. I pleaded God to take away my life after my eyes closed. Day and night, hopelessness and loneliness always haunted my mind. And it seemed that it would never stop. However, this thought became wrong after my heroes walked into my life......

My heroes are Kai-Hsin Hsuan, Yi-Ching Li, Yu-Hsuan Chung, Ying-Lung Lu and Yu-Han Cheng. They were all my classmates in the past three years. At the time I almost gave up myself, they held my hands tightly, showing me the happiness that surrounded us and taught me how to feel love. No matter what, they didn't stop or give up. Through their smiles and kindness, I saw the sunlight behind the cloudy sky. Accompanied by them, I finally found the beautiful parts of life and felt so glad I was still alive.

Honestly, during those blue times, I never thought I could overcome or imagine there will be a day which looks so colorful. If they didn't come into my life then, I am sure I wouldn't be here now. It can be said that half of my life is given by them because they truly rescued my soul.

My heroes are five normal sixteen-year-old girls living in Pingtung. They do not have strong bodies or any super power. But, they definitely save my whole world. They are my super heroes forever!