My dog Fil

by Zhenya from Slonim, Belarus

It's me and my true friend Fil by name (From my album)

Our life will be dull if there isn't any feat or there are no heroes who make our world nicer and better. I think heroes are those who win our hearts and inspire us, whom we love, adore and admire. I would like to tell you about my true friend who is my hero. His name's Fil. He is my dog, a Pekingese.

Do you know anything about this breed of dogs? They are charming little decorative dogs. They are rather little but have an original spectacular looks. They look like lions. These dogs are very brave and courageous but independent. They require respect and admiration. They are very discerning in what they eat. It may sound funny but they snore gently when they sleep. Pekineses are jolly dogs. Many people are attracted by their devotion to their owners.

These dogs can be of different colours. They have got a big head with a mask on their faces. Expressive large round dark eyes, ears in the form of a heart which are long, a tail which reminds you of a flower in blossom, the way they walk make us think of eastern exotica. It's very convenient to keep them as pets even in a small flat in a town as they are very cleanly and won't spoil your furniture and footwear. They like playing different games and adore toys but they won't disturb you and interfere with your work.

Fil is playing with his first toy - a horse. (From my album)

All this is typical of my friend. Every day Fil sees me off when I go to school. He watches me getting ready to leave the house, follows me up to the front door, looking sadly at me. But when I come back home from school you can't imagine how happy and delighted he is. He jumps, runs and wags his tail. He even "scolds" by barking when I come home later than usual. He is very lively and likes playing with toys. His favourite toy is a kangaroo. I gave it to him as a present. He takes and carries it everywhere, brings it up, takes it for a walk in the garden or in the park. It seems that he wants the kangaroo to breathe in the fresh air and make it healthy. Besides, he is keen on playing with a ball.

I think he is my true devoted friend and the best dog.