My Father is My Hero

by Dhia Huda from SMAN 5 Bandung

My hero is my father. I choose my father to be my hero because he isn’t like superman, batman or others. He doesn’t have magic powers but he is the best person that always helps people when they need it. But, before I tell you about my hero let me introduce myself. First of all I would like to say thank God who has given me chance to live until now. Well my name is Dhia Huda, and I study at 5 senior high school Bandung grade 10.

The literal meaning of the word hero is "protector", "defender" or "guardian. If you ask the children maybe their hero is Superman, Spawn, Batman, Spiderman, or maybe Sponge Bob Square pants. But for me a Hero is someone who will always be there for me, love me, keep me safe and bring up me to be the good person and also can be my role model under any conditions. I think Hero is someone special, no matter what gender she/he is.

Everybody in this world can be a hero for everyone. And then, who is my hero? It’s a simple answer, my hero is my father. His name is Rachmat Deradjat. He is one of the people in the world that I love very much, and I’m very proud of him. He was born on 8th February, 1969 in Jakarta, Indonesia. His parents are H. Moh. Noerdin Kadar and Hj. Siti Khaerani. He has 5 brothers and 4 sisters. He is the 8th child of ten.

I feel that my dad is my hero because he does many deeds not only for me, but for my friends and family, also. He always gives me advice when I have a trouble. He also teaches me how to share, and be together forever. He shows me how he loves me, he always gives me comfort. He makes me learn that I have to be like him, be a successful man and always be afraid of God. He is my comfort person to share. So I love him, as much as he loves me. That is why my dad is my hero.