King Farnaozi

by Valeri from Gavazi, Georgia

My hero is a Georgian king Farnaozi. He was the king of Georgia in the third century BC. He was a nephew of Samara who was a foreman of Mtskheta (the old capital of Georgia) at that time. When Farnaozi was three years old, his father and uncle died and mother took him to the Caucasus Mountains where he was growing with other native children. After he became older he returned to Mtskheta to live. He was known as a well educated person. He was also a great hunter.

At the age of twenty-seven he became the king of part of Georgia. During his reign he united the other parts of the territory and made a strong country. He first developed the administrative reforms. Many fortresses were built at that time. He created Georgian written language.

Parnaozi had been the king of Georgia for sixty-five years. He died at the age of 92.

He is my hero because he created Georgian written language and among the fourteen written languages one of them is Georgian.