Fedor Garanin

by Nastya from Murom

Feder Garanin, a courageous Russian soldier

My hero is my great-grandfather Fedor Garanin. I admire my great-grandfather because he sacrificed his life for the sake of our motherland and saved people's lives. His birthday was on the 28th February, 1917. He was from the village of Monakovo, the district of Murom, Vladimir region, Russia.

He participated in the World War II (Great Patriotic War) against fascists. He went to the war in 1941. He took part in the battles during the defense of Moscow. There my great-grandfather was wounded. He was wounded while rescuing the people in some danger.

The war changed my great-grandfather's life as it made him strong and courageous. He overcame fear and all the obstacles of the war. He was awarded 3 orders there: The order of the Great Patriotic War, the order of the Red Star, the order for Bravery. My great-grandfather died in 1974.

My great-grandfather was brave, courageous, helpful, noble and hardworking. I am proud of my great-grandfather and try to follow his example.

My name is Nastia. I am fourteen. I am from Murom. My hobby is drawing and I like swimming.