Elly Fadhliah

by Milzam Abi from SMAN 5 Bandung

God's Always Fair
 (in the classroom)
(in the classroom)

You know spiderman, don't you? An extraordinary human who can shoot a webstring, swinging from one building to another. How about Wonderwoman? A woman who looks like superman who has a tremendous strength. They always come to rescue civils when the troubles come. Well, A hero is a person who helps us and asks no repayment.

This is about my friend that I really appreciate as one of the hero in my life. Her name is Elly Fadhliah. Well sometimes I call her "mother". I don't know why but I guess it's because of the way she treats me.

She helps me out of the endless sorrow. She finds me a way to think not a way out. She doesn`t offer me a solution but offers me a different point of view. Makes me think clearly. Even though sometimes she doesn`t think clearly.

She always scolds me when I touch her cheek. Her cheek is almost like a baby's cheek. So, it's really soft. I often pick on her by touching her cheek or pinching her nose.

First time I met her when I was in the eleventh grade. We met in an extracuriculler activity. It organizes students who really like Japanese Stuff. The first time I knew her, I thought that she was a childish person. Well she really looks so small. She's shorter than me.

At first, I just having fun with her. I didn't really notice her for a long time. I just know her from her best friend. Well, I never think that I'll be knowing her deeper. I often consult with her with my problems. Especially, about girls. I start to trust her. I told her almost all of my secrets. Not all, but most of them.

She has a 'unique' habit. Sometimes, when there's no teacher in the class, she sings a song. Not that kind of song, but an advertisement jingle, like a diaper advertisement. It almost drives me mad when she sings that jingle. I don't know why she really likes to sing something like that. Other habit is playing with my hair. She said that my hair is so soft and she really likes to play with it. But other friends said that it isn't. Well, I don't know which one is the right one because I don't really care about my own hair.

She's more than a friend, less than a lover. A best friend who Allah gives me. Allah really knows how to deal with His believer. Allah does the best for His believer, Allah does the right thing. Allah never makes any mistakes, not like us human. That's one of the lesson I got from her. She really cheers me up when I go down. Like a friend, like a lover, like a best friend, like a mother. She's definitely one of my heroes. Heroes never ask for repayment, they just do the best for everyone. A hero isn't a perfect person, a hero is an ordinary human with an extraordinary act that is done for everyone or someone. I guess hero is an unexpected person who lives near with us.