Eva Olsson

by Devan from Prescott, Canada

Eva Olsson picture (http://media.canada.com/idl/otct/20071113/12071-4543.jpg)

My Hero is Eva Olsson because she has all the qualities that make my hero. One of the qualities is that she goes for what she believes in. Also she is a survivor from the holocaust. And she was only in the holocaust for about a year. And she was born in Hungary.

Eva Olsson and her family were taken to Auschwitz when Eva Olsson was 18. Her family arrived and they all got separated. The mom and the three nieces were killed in Auschwitz. The father and the brother were taken to Bergen Belsen and they died from diseases. Then sister and Eva Olsson were taken to a brick factory in Düsseldorf.

Then Eva Olsson and the sister went to a steel factory in Essen. Then Eva Olsson and her sister were taken to Bergen Belsen. Shortly after Eva Olsson and her sister arrived at Bergen Belsen, the camp was liberated. Then Eva Olsson and her sister went to Sweden. That is when Eva Olsson met Rude and married Rude in Sweden. But Rude was not Jewish.

So Eva Olsson’s sister was mad at Eva Olsson because Eva Olsson didn’t marry a Jew. So Eva Olsson and Rude went to Canada. Then Eva Olsson had a son with Rude. Rude died in a car accident in Canada. Eva Olsson's son now has a wife and three children. So that is Eva Olsson's life story.

Also one of the three qualities of Eva Olsson is she spreads to the whole world not to hate and to love. She takes her time to tell kids not to hate because hate killed her family. That is why Eva Olsson is my hero

Also the second quality of Eva Olsson out of the three is that she stands for what she believes in. Also she tells kids not to hate and she doesn’t listen to other people in what they say. That is why Eva Olsson is my hero.

The third quality is that she is brave. She went through the holocaust and I think that would be hard for anyone. So those are all the reasons and qualities why Eva Olsson is My Hero.