Eugenio Gonzalez Derbez

by Ramón from Xalapa

Eugenio Derbez (www.google.com.mx)
Eugenio Derbez (www.google.com.mx)

He was born on September 2, 1961. He is a Mexican comedy actor with a great course. He started acting when he was 12, in a soap opera as an extra.

In the 1990's, he appeared in a couple of Mexican films, but his real success was in TV, when he starred his own show named "Al Derecho y al Derbez", in 1992. This was the first of a number of shows he has hosted for years, giving him a big celebrity status in Mexico and the United States.

His characters, like Armando Hoyos, El Diablito, El Monje Loco, Als and Heimer, have given the audience endless laughs.

Eugenio Derbez (www.google.com.mx)
Eugenio Derbez (www.google.com.mx)

Eugenio Derbez is my hero because he is very creative and has been solid throughout the years, which is very difficult in the comedy environment. He makes people laugh, and laughter is the best medicine in the world. Sometimes in my life, when I've been angry, sad or in pain he has helped me overcome all obstacles. When I start to laugh all bad things go away. So even though I don't know him personally, he has been a very positive influence in my life.