Elizabeth and Esteban Duran

by Elian from Ontario

Mom and Dad (Our personal camera (My dad))

They are not just my parents they are my life. My parents are my heroes. They're my heroes because from childhood to adulthood, my parents were hard workers. As children my parents didn't have much money.  My dad was an only child from Cuba. He didn't learn much from his parents, but he still did his best to learn things from school. When he and his mom moved to California he would visit his dad during the summer to work at a printing shop. He would give the money to his mom like he still does now.

My mom was born in California was the last of six children. As a child, my mom helped her siblings do each other's chores before they came home. My mom's dad, brother, and sister all passed away while she was young. Despite her losses, my mom still did well in school to get privileges like to drive her mom's car.

My parents are my heroes and inspiration because they show me what kind of parent I should be and how hardworking I should be as an adult. They also show me what privileges I could get.