My mom, Donna

by Karlie from Morinville, Canada

My mom is my hero because she packs my lunch and my brother's lunch every morning before we go to school. I am in grade four and my brother, Brad is in grade two. She does the laundry for me and my brother enough that we can wear clean clothes to school every day. Mom helps me with my homework if I ask for help and does the dishes so we can eat three meals every day. My mom always tries to make sure that me and my brother are not fighting. My mom lets me and my brother have sleep overs with my friend Ashley and my brother's friend Damion every once and a while on the weekend. I am glad that my mom lets us have sleep overs because I know some people who are not allowed having sleep overs.

My mom's hero is her mom because of her amazing amount of love for others and for life. After having three children she still wanted more children to love and to care for. She adopted my mom and made her a much loved child in her home, the same way she loved her other three children. My gramma taught my mom that anything is possible if you apply yourself. My gramma has been active as a mom, a teacher and a volunteer in the community. My grandmother's love continues to multiply as her family continues to grow with grandchildren and their partners.

My mom works at Cosco. Cosco is a oil company in Edmonton that my mom has been working off and on at for quite a long time. My mom likes her job because she gets enough time at home that she can be there when we get on the bus and when we get off the bus. My mom is very lucky to have such a good boss because he sometimes lets her have the afternoon off to come on field trips with me or my brother. On the Fridays we have off he lets me and my brother go to work with her. When I go to work with my mom I bring my laptop with me so I can play games on it when she is working. My mom takes my brother and I out for lunch with her when we go to work with her. I love my mom.