My Doctor

by Nina from Tolmin, Slovenia

HEROES MAKE POSITIVE DIFFERENCES IN OUR LIVES

In theory almost every single person has or should have a hero. It is believed that heroes make differences in our lives, but I just partly agree with this statement because the real question is if they really make only positive ones.

Heroes are our role models (Made it myself.)

Firstly, a hero is someone who does something special and gets people’s attention. In other words a hero has to charm people. So if a hero fills them with enthusiasm, he vicariously makes a positive difference in their lives, because an enthusiastic feeling makes us happy.

Secondly, heroes are also role models in general. Heroes are looked up to by many people who try to be similar to them. Therefore, if a hero is a good person with good manners, people will try to resemble him. For example, if a hero is a very charitable person, his fans will probably become more charitable too.

On the other hand, I disagree with the statement that heroes make positive differences in our lives. Some people have a wrong conception of who a hero actually is and they choose the wrong people for their heroes. As a result idols with bad character traits can have a negative impact on their admirers. People take their hero’s bad habits and traits as their own and they start to identify themselves with their behaviour and lifestyle.

To sum up, I think that heroes are very important in our lives, because we look up to them and we follow their examples. Although some “heroes” are not really exemplary, I still think that the prevalent heroes are those who change our lives with their actions.