David Suzuki

by Parker from Calgary

"we are all species interconnected and interdependent"
David Suzuki Web (I created it)
David Suzuki Web (I created it)

The paragraphs below explain the qualities in the web above

Dr. David Suzuki (I drew it)
Dr. David Suzuki (I drew it)

David Takayoshi Suzuki was born in Vancouver, B.C. on March 24, 1936. He has a twin sister (Marcia) and a younger sister (Dawn). His father (Karou) was an outdoorsman. When the 2nd world war started, he and his family were sent to an internment camp and there Suzuki lived in an abandoned hotel with his mother and sisters, free of school and free to roam the forests of interior BC. After the war ended the Suzuki family were sent to London, Ontario. As a young child Dr. Suzuki loved bugs. As a very shy, introverted teen he spent hours in the swamps by his southern Ontario home learning all about the different organisms.

(www.rainforestorganics.ca/environment-conservation-links.htm)

Dr. David Suzuki is remarkable in that, he came from nothing and taught himself. He has made people aware of the environment and the rapid change of the earth’s climate. Every day David Suzuki saves lives of not only humans, but other animals and plants. A good of David Suzuki is his devotion. When Dr. Suzuki is on to something he pursues it until he either hits a dead end, or he discovers something. Devotion is also a great trait because it leads to amazing discoveries. Though it may seem unlike it, David Suzuki is a risk-taker and is indeed very brave. He stands by what he believes is true, and he has made some enemies (mostly people from big business who are looking at short term economic gain versus sustainable growth). Though he tries to convince people to be nicer to the environment, he is extremely honest and doesn’t lie. David Suzuki has integrity: he is obviously one of those selfless, giving people, who truly cares about the environment.

Help reduce poisonous things (I drew it)

What do you think it means to be a hero? I think a hero unselfishly follows their heart while fulfilling their goals. Dr. David Suzuki not only educated himself, but used this knowledge along with his ability to look at ‘the big picture’ to educate others. A real hero makes a positive difference in the lives of others. Dr. Suzuki’s father, Karou, introduced him to the wonders of the natural world, and taught him to respect and have a sense of responsibility towards other species.

Born in Vancouver, Dr. Suzuki returned as a young man and father to teach at the University of British Columbia. He still lives in Vancouver while traveling extensively throughout the Americas. Along with his wife, Dr. Tara Cullis, Dr. Suzuki speaks around the world on the responsibility humans have to the planet.

I chose Dr. David Suzuki as my hero because of an experience as a grade one. I was flipping through the channels, when I saw a man talking on TV. I watched for a little while and in that time I had no clue what the guy was saying, but yet listening was interesting. I remembered the man’s name was Dr. David Suzuki. When we were given this project I remembered the man and found out he was Canadian.

Dr. David Suzuki taught me to have a purpose, and always look at the big picture.

Dr.David Suzuki has received many awards. For more information visit his website.

David Suzuki Foundation - - For more information on Dr. David Suzuki
The David Suzuki Nature Challenge - - What you can do to stop global warming
The Nature of Things - - to learn about Dr. David Suzuki's television show
Harry Walker Asociation's Biography on David Suzuki - - Another website to learn more about Dr. David Suzuki