Dante Marra

by Oliver from Wheeling

My hero is my Dad. He did well in school, got a good job, takes care of himself and is very strong. My family is so lucky to have him because he is always thinking of us. He brings us to so many places. When we travel he does everything he can to make it perfect. He is so nice.

My dad worked hard even when he was a young boy and he reads a lot of newspapers. This is why he is the smartest person I know. Since he did so well in school he got a good job. Since he works so hard at his job he is able to take us to another country every year. When we travel he keeps us safe and tries to find the best hotels available. The last time we went out of the country we went to four different places in Europe.

My dad keeps a good personal hygiene. He has never had a cavity. He takes a shower every morning and every evening. He is also healthy. He exercises regularly. He eats all the right things like vegetables, lettuce, cabbage, peppers, squash and brussels-sprouts.

My dad came from a humble background. He went to a public school and received scholarships for college. He worked every summer to pay his living expenses and took out loans to pay his tuition. His parents could not afford to help him pay for school. He worked super hard and was able to go to an Ivy League medical school. In order to become an orthopedic surgeon he had to complete a 5-year residency after medical school. He was very determined.

My dad is my hero because he has worked hard to be successful. He is dedicated to his family and his job. He is smart. He enjoys being outside and enjoys music. My dad can sing, play the piano and play the guitar. He is my hero and I hope to grow up to be just like him.