MIKE CASTLEBERRY

by Matthew from Austin

What is a hero to you? A hero to me is kind, thoughtful, giving, inspiring, and strong. That is how I chose my hero, Mike Castleberry. He may not be famous or well-known but he is my hero because he inspires me to make sacrifices. Mike Castleberry has Multiple Sclerosis (M.S.) and that is why he inspires me to make sacrifices.

One day my dad’s friend, Mike Castleberry, was playing volleyball with his daughter and he went to get a ball. Then he dropped to the ground. His daughter went to see what had happened. He said to get her mom. She came running out to see what had happened. She got him to the hospital. His daughter had wondered what had happened and why they were at the hospital. When they got there her mom told her that dad might have M.S. but he didn’t know until then.

Mr. Mike Castleberry still has M.S. and inspires people who have M.S. to not to stop trying, but start trying to make a cure and find one way to stay active. He himself is not very active but did find one way to stay active. When he found his way, it was when he got home from the hospital. His daughter’s friend had just left and she was screaming for him to come over and then she came over and dragged him over to play. This is how he stays active.

Mr. Mike Castleberry still to this day has M.S. and tries to stay active. I can remember one time when I went to a block party and he was being bothered by his daughter. She wanted him to come and play with her but he kept saying NO. After several time he agreed to play with her. He was tying his hardest but every time she hit away from him he couldn’t get there fast enough. Mr. Mike Castleberry still tries to stay active.

Many people touch the lives of others. Mike Castleberry is one of those people who touch my life in many different ways. He is one of the best people to show life to others. He perseveres, he can stay active, and still have time for his daughter and that’s why he is important to me.

What is Multiple Sclerosis - Information and facts about Multiple Sclerosis