Charlene Houshmand

by Alex from Mississauga

My Hero; Charlene Houshmand

Charlene Houshmand, a hard working woman, a mother and a survivor. What else other that a hero can she be? She was born in 1969 on January 14th in New Brunswick. In 1994, she was diagnosed with Spino Cerebellar Ataxia (a disorder with similar symptoms as M.S. but not fatal). She still lives happily every day. She works her back off to provide for her family, she is living a good life despite her disorder and there isn’t one thing not to like about her. Charlene Houshmand is my hero.

Despite the fact that she lives with S.C.A, she never lets it get to her. Charlene lives a very happy life with her husband and 2 children. Whenever she sees someone, she always greets them with respect and warmth. She works through it every single day like any other hard working person. She has experienced much pain in her life and survived it. That explains why she is so tolerant with other people... she understands what pain is and doesn’t want anyone else to feel it.

Charlene has no bad qualities as a person. There is nothing not to like about her. Like already stated, she is super tolerant with other people making it so that everyone gets what they want and is happy in the end. She has been in the serving business since she was a teenager, helping her parents with their work so she is pretty experienced. She always respects other people's culture and does as much as she can to help out those who can't speak English. She never ever backbites. If there is something wrong, then she will mention it. She gives a lot of love to everyone.

My hero is Charlene Houshmand. She gives a lot of love, she is a huge survivor and she lives a great life. She devotes her life to making a good home for her family. If these things don’t show a hero, nothing does.

Charlene Houshmand

Who: Charlene Houshmand, Alex Houshmand's mother.

What: Alex’s mother. Also a survivor of a disorder called S.C.A which is a nerve disorder. She is a full time worker to provide a household for her two children Alex and Jacob. Even though she has this disorder she still lives a god life and doesn’t let the disorder get to her.

Where: She currently lives in Mississauga but was born in New Brunswick. She works at a pharmacy in a grocery store.

When: Charlene Houshmand was born on January 14th. She was diagnosed with S.C.A. in 1994.

Why: Charlene has been devoting her life to provide a good life for Alex and his little brother. She could have been living off disability checks but she chose to work full time to be able to make the family a happy home. She also lives happily every day making her children very happy.

How: She works about 11-13 hours a day and on the days that she is off she spends time with her children.

Houshmand, Charlene. "Interviews. "