Caroline Chisholm

by Riley from Melbourne

"The Emigrant's Friend"
Caroline Chisholm<br>(wikipedia.org/)
Caroline Chisholm
(wikipedia.org/)

A hero is someone who makes a great impact on the world.

Caroline was born in 1808 in Northampton, Northamptonshire, England, and she lived for sixty-nine years. Caroline married Archibald Chisholm who was in the army. Shortly after they got married, the couple moved to Sydney, Australia. Caroline had six children.

Caroline Chisholm was a hero because she always helped people and fought for women's rights. She even got into helping people as a child. She let people stay at her house, no matter who they were.

Caroline didn't stay at home like most wives; she spent her time walking about Sydney and there were many women living in the streets with no place to go. Caroline wrote a letter to the Governor about this problem and then those women were given a house to live in. Then she helped them to find work.

Caroline accepted no money for her work and died in 1877 leaving Australian women with better rights.

Hi, I'm Riley and I want to tell you a little bit about myself before you read my report on Caroline Chisholm. I'm 10 and every Monday (not school holidays) I go to the National Childrens Choir of Australia. My favourite colour is yellow. I like to play video games and I am in Grade 5. Well, I don't want to keep you waiting, so see you later!