Clifford Chadderton

by Madison from Innisfil

Clifford Chadderton was born May 19, 1919 in Fort William, Ontario. Clifford was raised with his sister in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Clifford was raised by his Mother and Father. Clifford attended elementary school and high school and also attended the University of Manitoba, Where he studied Government. Clifford also played for the Winnipeg Rangers hockey team and in the farm team for the New York Rangers.

Clifford joined World War II on October 5, 1939. Clifford joined the war because a lot of his family fought and survived, so Clifford decided to follow in his family�s footsteps. Clifford's brother in law was in World War I; his brother in law was wounded while fighting in the U.S.A. army in the Pacific theatre. Clifford fought in Britain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, the U.S.A, Normandy and a lot more places. Clifford got wounded twice in the war. Once by a bullet in Normandy and the second time by a grenade by the Leopold Canal. This affected him in some ways by him losing his leg & arm which forced him to drop out of World War II.

Clifford has made a big change in the world till this day. He has fought in the war to make Peace and freedom and he has been a veteran and is thanked by all of Canada. And also most importantly, Clifford is head manager of the War Amps Association. In 1975 the War Amps Association was discovered the reason for the war amputees is because so many veterans from the World War II have gotten hurt and lost their limbs. The War Amps pays and makes artificial legs, arms, hands, and feet. In 1975 Clifford Chadderton was only the assistant manager of the War Amps, and Sydney Lambert was the head manager. But when Sydney Lambert passed away, Clifford Chadderton became the Chief Executive Officer of the War Amps.

I look up to Clifford Chadderton in so many ways, for what he has been through and how he has touched the lives or Veterans, Children and Parents from all over the world. He has helped children and parents by giving the children artificial legs, arms, hands, and feet and most importantly every 2 years Clifford Chadderton holds a seminar for the Champ and a mom or dad so that the children can learn how to deal with bullies and for the parents to learn how to deal with the pain of having their children being picked on or going through the stress of being the ''Only One. '' And most importantly the Champs can find other champs that deal with the same problems and so they know that, no matter where you are and what you're doing or what you're missing, you are Not Ever Alone!

I am inspired by Clifford Chadderton because he made a big change for parents who have children with missing limbs. I have met him because my sister was born without an arm. He encouraged her and helped her get through people bullying her. He cares for people and has a lot of compassion. He is a hero to me and my family.