Britni

by Liz from Morinville

My hero is my cousin Britni. She is my hero because she is a really kind person. She had cancer a couple of years ago. She has healed now, but she still has appointments at the hospital. She makes a difference in the world because she makes bracelets and other things to sell, and the money that she raises she gives to places like the Stollery Children’s Hospital and the SPCA. She is fun and kind to everyone. At her school EVERYONE knows her. Her house is always fun to go to. She has a dog, a gecko, and a bird. Her puppy is sooooooooooooo CUTE. Britni is 14 and in grade 8. She has a sister who is 12, and a younger brother who is 8. Another younger brother is 5, and she has a baby sister who is about 5 or 6 months old. I don’t get to see her a lot because she lives in Grande Prairie, but when I do see her I play with her. We play things like Narnia tag and and we play with her puppy. She is more than my cousin, she is more than my hero, she is my friend.

Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation - is dedicated to enhancing health services for children by raising money to support the Stollery Children's Hospital and programs that promote health, prevent disease and treat illness.
Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals International (SPCA) - The mission of SPCA International is to raise awareness of the abuse of animals to a global level, to teach and foster good pet parenting policies, and to promote spay and neuter programs around the world.