Chris Bosh

by Ashhad from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Chris Bosh at the Much Music awards
Chris Bosh at the Much Music awards

Chris Bosh is a professional basketball player for the Toronto Raptors. His player number is 4 and he currently is 22 years old. The reason why he is my hero is because of his humanitarian efforts, his leadership, and his basketball skills.

First of all, Chris Bosh was born in Dallas, Texas on March 24, 1984. He is a hero to me because of his “Chris Bosh Foundation." It is a foundation which helps people/students to be better in sports and education in Dallas and Toronto. He also started this Foundation based on his childhood experience of playing basketball with his brother and studying. He started the Chris Bosh Foundation so that kids can get an education and play the sport of their choice.

Secondly, Chris Bosh is my hero because of his leadership with the Raptors. He has helped the Raptors improve almost every game. Anthony Parker (Member of the Raptors) commented on Bosh’s leadership by saying ‘‘You are not going to see a whole lot of screaming and hollering at guys... He is a guy that is going to pull somebody aside and say it in a positive way, and I think it goes a lot farther that way.’’ Whenever there are free shots in the game the Raptors choose Chris for the shot because of his accuracy in shooting. Chris demonstrates a lot of leadership for the fans and his team.

Toronto Raptors versus The Atlanta Hawks

Finally, he is my hero because of his basketball skills. He is particularly noted for his ability to drive to the basket and finish strong or get to the free throw line where he is great at shooting. He is also known for his well-developed jump shot. As the centerpiece of the Raptors' offence, when Bosh is double-teamed, he is noted to unselfishly pass the ball to teammates who are in better shooting positions. He is a team player and not a selfish player.

Chris Bosh is my hero because of his foundation which encourages kids to learn and how to do well in school and in basketball. Secondly, his leadership in his team which brought the Raptors to the basketball final. Finally, his basketball skills help the Raptors improve almost every game.

The Chris Bosh Foundation - NOT just an awesome basketball player