Beezie Madden

by Taylor from Georgia

Bezzie riding for the U.S.
Bezzie riding for the U.S.

Beezie Madden is a very famous horse rider. She is the winningest rider. Beezie has never let her guard down and when she is determined to do something there is no doubt that she will do it. In her riding career she has had very tough times. But, when she had those tough times her courage and bravery pushed her on. Beezie is my hero because she has nothing but positive thoughts and that's what got her to where she is now.

Beezie Madden was born on Nov. 20, 1963. She and her horse, Authentic, won $200,000 in the 2008 March Grand Prix. That is just one of the many wins Beezie 's had. Many people pay her as a professional to ride their horse in the Grand Prix. They do this because she is very good with communicating with the horses. When you ride you have hunters and jumpers. In the hunters you are judged on how your horse looks over the jump. In the jumpers you are judged on how fast you go and if you don't knock a rail over. Beezie goes very fast but is still in control of her horse.

Beezie Madden won the 2008 equestrian event at the Olympics. To the jump you find a distance- long, deep, short, or ordinary. When you jump in a line of jumps there is a specific number of strides you must get in between the jumps.

One of the many good things about Beezie Madden is that she does not brag. When she is having a rough time she tries her best. She does not let "I'm one of the best riders and I'm great" get in her head. That's what inspires me and her fans. She is very humble and to me that's what a great hero should be.

Beezie Madden is my hero because she is humble, brave, talented, caring, and kind. She pushes past her problems and fills in her negative thoughts with optimism. She has had many accomplishments in her riding career. She got to where she is now by being patient and willing.