Bobby Orr

by Brody from Innisfil

My hero's name is Bobby Orr. He played NHL hockey and is a hockey legend in the Hall of Fame. His dad helped him train but he did the rest himself just like I did when I was a kid.

Bobby Orr retired when he was thirty-nine years old which meant he retired in 1987. That was ten years before I was born. He played over one thousand games! He had an average of two hundred to four hundred points every couple of years.

Bobby Orr was a famous defenceman which meant he got a lot of trophies. He had seventeen trophies by the end of his career. Bobby Orr was born in 1948. He was a defenceman when he was young and never wanted to leave that position. He was raised with the spirit of a hockey player and loved watching hockey games.

I think Bobby Orr was a hero because he made hockey the best when he played. He accomplished the respect of his teammates. He challenged himself to be the best defencemen in the whole NHL. He also had to co-operate with his team.

When Bobby Orr was young he was also known as a star. He showed up on time every practice and played as hard as he could whether it was a game or not. He made ice rinks in his backyard every winter with his dad.

I think Bobby Orr is my hero because he played hockey and so do I. I think he shows respect and co-operation with his teammates. Well, that`s all I know about Bobby Orr so see ya!