Benjamin Franklin

by Dakota, Shyan, Kenny, and Richard from Reeds Spring

Benjamin Franklin was born on January 17, 1706. His parents were Josiah and Abiah. He had 16 brothers and sisters. Benjamin only went to two years of schooling. Benjamin Franklin was a hero because he was a great inventor. By Richard W.

Benjamin Franklin helped build the United States. In the 1700’s people couldn’t read. But Ben loved to read. Ben became a published writer at 16 years old. When he was 22 he opened up a print shop. Benjamin Franklin is my hero because he invented stuff that we really need, like glasses. By Shyan R.

Benjamin Franklin invented many things. He designed the Pennsylvania Fireplace. Ben originally designed the bifocals. Ben invented the lightning rod and was the first one to use it. Ben is my hero because he made the lightning rod and it keeps buildings from catching on fire. By Kenny D.

Benjamin Franklin married Deborah Reed. They had a daughter named Sally and two sons named Francis and William. Francis died when he was four years old. Ben worked hard for the United States. It was his idea to have two parts of Congress, the House and the Senate. Ben died of pleurisy on April 17, 1790. He was 84 years old. He was my hero because he was an inventor. By Dakota D.