Branard Brown

by Chole from Indianapolis

Barnard Brown
Barnard Brown

My hero is my grandpa. I picked this person because he risked his live to save people during the Korean War. He was born in Indianapolis, Indiana. He went to George Washington High School and graduated in 1948. He was 21 when he entered the United States Army on July 26, 1951.

Grandpa Brown had training at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. He specialized in engineering and demolition training. He was sent to Korea in January of 1952. He was assigned to Co. D. 10th engineer combat battalion. In Korea he was wounded in action on February 14, 1953. He retired from the United States Army on September 30, 1953, a few months after the wound. Now he has different things he likes to do, like his hobbies. His hobbies are shooting muzzle loading rifles and pistols, golf, and photography.

My grandpa Barnard Brown is a very healthy 80 year old man. He takes good care of himself. He always invites the entire family over for a Christmas holiday celebration. He and my grandma cook the entire meal for all of us.

I chose my grandpa Brown as my hero because he fought for freedom during the Korean War. He is a wonderful man to me because he is kind, he never forgets my birthday and we always go out somewhere special to celebrate.

I will always think of my grandpa as a hero because he is a thoughtful, kind, and loving man.