Billie Jean King

by Faith from Innisfil

Billie Jean King was born on November 22, 1943. She grew up in Long Beach, California with her brother, Randy Moffit, father and mother. Billie Jean King enjoyed and loved playing softball and tennis when she was younger.

Billie Jean King had one goal, to get better at tennis and be a tennis champion. Her main influence was to make it possible for women to compete in professional sports. Though she did win the battle for women to compete in professional sports she did get turned down a few times. Because of that, the battle was on. This battle was called the Battle of the Sexes and wouldn't end until someone won.

Billie Jean King has won a lot of tennis matches like 12 Grand Slam Singles Titles, 16 Grand Slam Women's Doubles Titles and 11 Grand Slam Mixed Doubles Titles.

When Billie Jean King was younger she told her mother that she wanted to do something great with her life and she did. She didn't just do something for herself, she did something for the whole part of the U.S.A.

In her battle Billie Jean King displayed a lot of caring because she wanted to do something great with her life, and for other people by making it possible for women all over the world to compete in professional sports.