Azady Park

by Edris from Sulaimanya, Iraq

Azady Park is located in the Sulaimanya city center in the north of Iraq: it is the largest park in the city. The visitors are coming to this park to spend interesting time with each other.

the biggest park in the city (from high building )

In the past, this place was a military camp to exercise Saddam's Iraqi army, but it became a nice place. The people visit it now to comfort their mind. It is divided into two divisions: amusement park and wide garden. Each one is on a different side.

Large numbers of children are going to the amusement park at the weekend and vacations. They enjoy time with their families in this famous park. It consists of games, shops, big cartoon screens, and several small parks in the middle.

the larger park in the city (from high building )

The wide garden is a places to make your mind relax by meditating on the plants, flowers and the lake.

The workers in Azady Park are growing many kind of trees and flowers so you can see it like a beautiful picture in Spring and Autumn.

These wide gardens are a part in making clean environments.

regards.. Edris

the Azady Park - the largest park in the city