Daniel Alfredsson

by Brock from Morinville, Alberta, Canada

Daniel Alfredsson is my hero. He was born December 11, 1972 in Gothenburg, Sweden. He is a professional Swedish ice hockey player and he is the captain of Ottawa Senators of the National Hockey League. Daniel Alfredsson is my hero because he is the best on his team and the captain. I do not play hockey, but I do play soccer and I hope that one day I can play soccer professionally and be the best on the team and the captain just like him. He is my favorite hockey player, and has been my whole life. He is my favorite hockey player because he gets a lot of the goals for his team and he works with the charity called “Right to Play”. This charity helps children in underprivileged countries get the opportunity to play sports. On certain game days he is playing for charity; on those days, for every minute that he plays, he will donate $1000 to “Right to Play”. When I grow up I hope that I can help charities like the “Right to Play” just like Daniel Alfredsson. Because of that, he is my hero.

Right to Play - Their mission is to improve the lives of children in the most disadvantaged areas of the world by using the power of sport and play for development, health and peace.