Anton Shipulin

by Katya from Miass

My Hero!!!

A hero is a person who is respected for his bravery and noble deeds. He helps people, defends his Motherland during wars and struggles for the freedom and rights of his nation.

Now I would like to tell you about a young man who was born in the Ural, like me. To my mind he is a real hero. His name is Anton Shipulin. He is a famous Russian biathlete. In sprite of his young age, (he is only 24 years old) Anton is an Honoured Master of Sports and Absolute European Champion among Juniors of 2008. He also won a bronze medal at the Winter Olympiad of 2010, despite the fact that he has been a member of the Russian national team for quite a short time.

I am proud of him, because he has accomplished a lot of good things for such a young man. Anton has also done a very good deed. He opened his own Charitable Foundation. Because of it, I think he is a hero indeed.

In the summer of 2010 Anton decided to spend a part of his Olympic money reward on computers for children from orphanages. When he and his friends came to one of the orphanages in Yekaterinburg to give them the computers, he got upset. Anton saw that the children there didn’t go in for sports, but led an unhealthy way of life. After that he decided to open the Charitable Foundation to help the children from orphanages to go in for sports and be healthy. He started to collect money to buy sports equipment for the children and during the New Year holidays Anton gave some sports equipment as a present for the children from the Yekaterinburg orphanages.

Anton Shipulin helps the children from orphanages and it makes him a real hero. If there were more people like Anton in our country, life would be better and happier for a lot of children!!!

Vashurina Ekaterina
10 “А”class
School № 16.

Wikipedia - For more information about Anton Shipulin.
Anton Shipulin - starts an orphanage