Artem Tsvikevich

by Maxim from Slonim, Belarus

This is my elder brother Artyom (from our family album)

My hero is not a film star or a famous sportsman. He is not a famous person in my country and abroad. But for me he is the most famous boy in the world. Do you know who he is?

His name’s Artyom. He’s my elder brother, a student of the 9th grade. He is not a scientist, an actor or a singer. He is an ordinary boy but I consider him to be a hero. He’s rather tall with dark curly hair and green eyes. I love him because he is friendly, cheerful, honest, kind and sociable. When I ask him for help Artyom is always ready to help me. Sometimes he is lazy because he doesn’t like doing house work. He is interested in computing. Maybe in future he’ll become a computer programmer.

Some years ago he was fond of wrestling and now he is fond of swimming and playing football. He has a lot of friends and likes to go out with them.

Last summer Artyom visited the USA as the winner of the International Programme. He lived with an American family and visited Los Angeles, Hollywood, Disneyland and other places of interest. He made a lot of friends. In October he visited Sweden and was there one week. Artyom is a good student and can speak English very well. I am proud of him. He is my hero because he is my brother.

Hello! My name's Maxim. I am from Belarus. I live in a beautiful small town of Slonim which stands on the river Schara. I am 10 years old. I am fond of studying and do well at school. I am keen on sports. Football is my favourite kind of sport. I am interested in geography. I am very curious and want to know a lot.