Alexander Suvorov

by Ksenia from Miass, Russia

Alexander Suvorov
Alexander Suvorov

My hero.

The hero is a person who commits a heroic act. This can be a help to people who are in a dangerous situation or a noble deed done to his country. There are many heroes in the world. They are all different but they all committed heroic acts, so people remember them. In my opinion heroes are those who defended our motherland. For example great commanders as Kutuzov, Suvorov, Alexander Nevsky, Zhukov etc. These people are victorious in battles, protected our country and people.

I would like to tell you about Alexander Suvorov. He was born in Moscow in 1730. He spent his childhood in the countryside. Suvorov was growing weak and often got ill. However, since early age he decided to become a soldier. So Suvorov began to do exercises and study military science. Throughout Suvorov's military career there wasn’t a single defeat, there were more than 60 battles. He received the title Generalissimo in 1799 for a lot of success. It was received after a difficult crossing through the Alps. Suvorov died because of illness in 1800. I’d like to finish saying that heroes are needed so that people could take example from them. I hope that people will continue to do heroic deeds and help each other.

Ksenia Tumanova