Avril Lavigne

by Alyssa from Morinville

Avril Lavigne is a rocking pop sensation with lots of detail in her life. When it came to writing her awesome third album, she had one very clear goal in mind: To make it fun. Avril Lavigne is my hero because her songs are so great and they make you want to rock. Some other songs just make you want to cry like, ”When You're Gone.” This is my all time favorite song.

My dad is a sergeant in the Canadian Armed Forces. When my dad was in Afghanistan I would crouch in a corner, turn on that song and cry thinking of how much I miss him.

Listening to her songs made me feel better. Sometimes her songs made me laugh and others times they made me cry.

My dad is home and now when I listen to her songs they make me feel happy to have him safe in our cozy warm house.

Avril Lavigne is my hero because she makes me feel like I can be whoever I want to be.