Anne Frank

by Josie from Indianapolis

Anne Frank (www.google.com/images/anne frank)

Anne Frank is one of the most celebrated teenagers living and non-living. She is inspirational to me because she lived with fright and fear for 4 years and she never never gave up hope in life. That’s why Anne Frank is my hero.

Anne Frank was born on June 12, 1929, in Frankfurt- Maine, Germany. Anne had two parents; their names were Edith and Otto Frank. The Franks provided a pleasant childhood for both Anne and her sister Margaret. Anne has many interesting things about her; here are some of the facts that I like most. For Anne’s 13th birthday she got a diary. This diary will come to be the most important thing in Anne’s life and this simple diary will be how all mankind will know and remember Anne. She was creative, cheerful, and sadly she was scared during most of her life.

This fear stemmed from the fact that Anne had to hide in a secret annex so she could stay alive. The annex was small and it was in a building that Anne’s father owned. While she was in the annex the only thing that kept her from going crazy was her diary. In her diary "Kitty" she wrote about all of her feelings and fears.

On August 4, 1944 the police arrested Anne and her annex family. Anne and her family were sent to various concentration camps. Anne Frank died at the early age of 15 in the concentration camp and as did the rest of her annex family except for her father Otto Frank. When Otto was free he published his daughter’s diary so that her voice could be heard.

In conclusion Anne Frank had enough courage to write about the things that she saw and felt during most of her life. She is a wonderful role model for all young people because she never gave up hope.