Ana Aslan

by Alin Tarta from Al. Papiu Ilarian Highschool Dej

Ana Aslan (1medbio.blogspot.com)
Ana Aslan (1medbio.blogspot.com)

Ana Aslan is my heroine because she was a very smart and hardworking science woman, interested in finding solutions anti-aging, based on different natural combinations of plants and other ingredients. She founded the Romanian geriatrics and invented revolutionary products for treating specific skin problems. The cosmetics line and the drugs launched by her had a huge success both in the country and on the international market.

Ana Aslan (www.aslan.info)
Ana Aslan (www.aslan.info)

Ana Aslan was born on January 1st, 1897 in a town called Braila, situated in the southeast of Romania, on the Danube. When she was little she dreamt to become a pilot, but after a while she knew that medicine was the right way for her to help people, especially the old ones.

During the World War I she took care of soldiers and she started to experiment the effects of procaine, an important experience that improved her career. She made a lot of experiments and after 4 years, the old people who had agreed to be experimented had a big surprise: they stopped shaking their hands and head, they could walk alone and the depression was replaced by a good physical condition. Her drugs helped the old people from the entire world as well as a lot of important people like Jhon F. Kenedy, Charlie Chaplin, Mao Zedong and others. She obtained a lot of awards, the most important one being the International Award and Medal "Leon Bernard", awarded by the World Health Organization for her contributions to the development of gerontology and geriatrics. Also she was a member of a lot of important associations and organizations, as well as the president of the Romanian Society of Gerontology. She will always be one of my heroes because she helped the old people and comforted their sufferings.