We hope you enjoy this program and invite you to visit myhero.com to find out how you can share your hero story online and be part of the next edition of The MY HERO Report.
THE MY HERO REPORT Youth Edition was made possible, in part, with support from the American Legion Child Welfare Foundation. This program is a production of The MY HERO Project.
1. Youth Reporter Slater interviews environmental hero Jean-Michel Cousteau.
2. U.S. Coast Guard Cadet Kay Lord introduces her hero, Nathaniel Dunigan who helps Ugandan children orphaned with AIDS.
3. Madeline Jacobs shares her high school award-winning short film about Ellie Wen who created a Web site to help English language learners.
4. Andy introduces his hero, teacher Rowena Gerber, and The Solar Oven Project.
5. Art students from Taft High School talk about their original art depicting the heroes in their lives.
6. Youth Reporter Jemma Brown covers The Manhattan Youth Project’s benefit for the victims Hurricane Katrina.
7. CJ Aldaz pays tribute to his mentor and role model, boxing coach Eppie Duran.