A Daughter of Isis: The Autobiography of Nawal El Saadawi
by Nawal El Saadawi

ISBN: 1856496805

MY HERO recommends this book to adult readers.

From the Publisher
Nawal El Saadawi has been pilloried, censored, imprisoned and exiled for her refusal to accept the oppressions imposed on women by gender and class. In her life and in her writings, this struggle against sexual discrimination has always been linked to a struggle against all forms of oppression: religious, racial, colonial and neo-colonial. In 1969, she published her first work of non-fiction, Women and Sex; in 1972, her writings and her struggles led to her dismissal from her job. From then on there was no respite; imprisonment under Sadat in 1981 was the culmination of the long war she had fought for Egyptian women's social and intellectual freedom. A Daughter of Isis is the autobiography of this extraordinary woman.

Hero(es) associated:
Nawal El Saadawi by Geeta Malik

Users Reviews:

Bintang David 5/1/2007 8:21:21 PM
i'm waiting for this book to be sold in Indonesia. cause i believe so many people want to read it too. thanks.

Add your comments

Name

Comments

Human check: please fill in the answer below...
1,2,3,4,5,6,,8,9,10

Use MY HERO's Media Watch to nominate outstanding programs that celebrate heroes.

Copyright by The MY HERO Project

home | directory | participate | guestbook | create | news wire | teacher's room | short films | library | gallery | about | privacy policy | site map

©2007 The My Hero Project, Inc. All rights reserved.

Check out...
THE MY HERO PROJECT Global Exchange